Saturday, February 12, 2011

Legacy to Humanity

I have been watching Dr. Who recently, and it's got me thinking about my legacy.

Since I plan to remain childfree, I haven't always given much thought to the children of tomorrow. I have always wanted my legacy to be more of an artistic one.

Lately, though, I think I've been trying too hard on the artistic front and losing sight of the bigger goal: a mutually beneficial relationship with the rest of humanity.

There was a child on Dr. Who who was given the charge of passing down a message to humanity in the future, whether through myth, story or religion. The ultimate goal is for us to coexist and help each other as much as we can, whether it's through raising a good person, writing a beautiful book, or helping someone today in some small but significant way.

No comments: